HOW WE ORGANIZE OUR TOURS
Nature Travel In Kenya
We organize truly nature-themed guided tours for
nature travelers who seek to take their wildlife viewing experience beyond the "morning and afternoon game drives" of the vehicle-confined safaris. This is what sets Ontdek apart:
- Our vacations
are not a competition of the number of lions seen: it is about a responsible approach to wildlife viewing in the company of our expert guides
. We are particularly attracted to small national parks and private game conservancies where there is a lot of game and we keep away from mass tourism.
- Walking and bird watching (and of course wildlife viewing) are our core interests on which we have gradually built different modules such as wildlife photography, educational tours, senior tours, family travel and women-only vacations, all offered as guided safaris. By the standards of safari companies Ontdek's menu is very limited but we have remained faithful to our believe that "we should only sell tours that we would book for ourselves".
- We create tours around your interests and budget. However, we will give you value-adding ground information that will make your safari relaxed and memorable. We base our success on the depth we put in each of your safari days rather than how many "hot-spots" we take you to.
- On our guided tours we use vehicles to facilitate transfers but we deliberately avoid long circuits that would turn our African safaris into exhausting road expeditions with endless hours of driving. Not surprisingly, in all the years as a tour operator in Kenya, we have not sold even one tour of the 2-week safaris on the Masai Mara -> Nakuru/Naivasha ->> Treehotel ->>> Samburu ->>>> Mt.Kenya ->>>>> Amboseli ->>>>>> Tsavo circuit
(> being an indicator of the travel fatigue.)
- For total relaxation during the tour we stay in one of our selected lodges/tented camps
for 2-3 nights and this gives us a base without the inconvenience of packing up every morning. These two items are very important factors to consider when comparing itineraries. Our promise to you is a holiday of a lifetime which you canít get if you are rushed and exhausted.
- Guiding: This is the make or the break of many holidays and the habit in safaris is that clients have a driver who also doubles up as a "guide". He will pick you up for the routine early morning game drive and promptly drop you at your hotel at 9.30 a.m. to repeat the same procedure at 4 p.m.
Ontdek has built its name on having competent safari guides
who stay with the clients throughout the tour. He will daily discuss with you how you want to schedule your day (though we follow the itinerary - clients own the guided tour), he helps not just at pointing at the game but in the interpretation of animal behavior, birds identification etc. We are highly commended by our clients
for our concept of guiding and particularly the quality of our guides.
The guide will respect that you will want your free time but not unless you have decided to - you don't have to kill your time at the swimming pool from 9.30 to 4 p.m., there is so much to see & do and our aim is to put maximum value in your safari.
- Ground logistics - taking an Ontdek's guided tour is about enjoying flawless ground logistics. From well-maintained safari vehicles, entrance fees to parks, special dietary meals and all those things that make travel stress free.
- We don't like to make price our marketing pitch as we first and foremost want you to have confidence in our ability to give you quality tours. But the price we give you will truly represent value and there will be no surprise hidden costs once you are in Kenya.
- Last but not least, we are legally registered and licensed as a safari operator in Kenya. It matters much that you are aware of the difference between a web-based safari agent and a legal entity.
For unparalleled guided safaris in Kenya, please contact Ontdek Kenya Safaris. We sincerely look forward to sharing our experience with you.
Read more about our guided safaris in Kenya.
Ontdek Kenya Safaris' home page
Kenya Walking Tour
Africa Wildlife Safaris
Kenya Walking Safaris
Kenya Bird Watching Holidays
Africa Photo Safaris